Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wait on the Weight

I had always heard that about 35 pounds was the acceptable amount of weight to gain when pregnant. My husband was asking last night "where does that 35 pounds go, if only 8lbs or so is the baby." It was a good question and I had no idea. So I went searching and found out that 35 pounds is not always accurate.
According to this link:
http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain
If you are overweight you could safely gain just 15 pounds during your pregnancy.
It is something to think about as you always hear about the woman who gained 50 pounds during her pregnancy. Since this amount is is never recommended (even to underweight woman it caps at 40lbs) I can only assume that she took advantage of all her "cravings" to really pig out...
I guess I don't blame her, but you gotta keep reminding yourself of the consequences.
Eat that whole bag of cookies and you could be pushing out a 13 pound baby... I'd rather have a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment